CALL BEFORE YOU DIG
USI Locating Services keeps you on schedule, your team safe, and saves you REAL money in Southern California.
Underground utilities can be damaged by something as innocent as a simple shovel, causing costly damage, injuring your team members and delaying your project for days.
Underground Solutions not only helps you meet the requirements of California’s One Call Law, but exceeds them. We don’t just locate and mark utilities within your dig zone and the public right-of-way, we can locate, survey and document your entire project area. By incorporating our PositivelD technology combining GPR and Electromagnetic locating, along with air-powered potholing excavation, Underground Solutions can give you 100% accurate utility location data that you can trust now and in the future – faster and more cost-effectively than any of our competitors in Southern California.
Follow These 4 Steps For A Safe & Successful Digging Project
USI encourages everyone planning an excavation to use the best practices established by the Common Ground Alliance.
- Mark Your Project Area in White: Clearly mark the area where you will dig by drawing a box outlining the area using white paint or wood stakes.
- Call USI: Be prepared to provide the address and general location of the project, project start date and type of digging activity.
- Get Marked: USI will oversee the entire process, including opening a ticket and managing the 811 process, locating and marking all underground utilities including pipelines, telephone, communications, water and other buried services
- Dig Safely: For your safety, use hand tools when digging within 24 inches of the outside edge of our underground lines. Leave utility flags, stakes or paint marks in place until you have finished digging. If you’re seeking complete 100% confidence and knowledge about the location of underground utilities, ask USI to use PositivelD and air-powered potholing to locate and catalog your entire project site.
Underground Solutions’ Southern California 811 Locating & PositiveID Services Include:
• Electrical Line Locating
• Water & Drain Line Locating
• Conduit Locating
• Television, Telephone & Communication Line Locating
• Ground Penetrating Radar
• Gas Line Locating
• Sewer Line Locating
• Transit & PVC Line Locating
DID YOU KNOW…
Failure to locate underground
utilities result in excess of
3hour + project delays due to
utility damage cost over
Get familiar with the
APWA Uniform Color Code